As video resolution increases, computer-generated imagery (CGI) and virtual reality technology evolve, film and television, live sports coverage and news, and video games are generating larger media file sizes than ever before. When it comes to planning or refreshing your data center, its time to consider SAN alternatives. DataON converged storage solutions for Azure Stack HCI minimize network jitter, decrease ingestion times, enable production artists to work on large media projects directly on the server, and simplify management. DataON solutions make it affordable to scale-out anytime, something a SAN simply can’t do.
Microsoft Azure Stack HCI solutions for media and entertainment
What DataON solutions for Azure Stack HCI can do for you
- Easily scale out with up to sixteen nodes per cluster and JBOD storage appliances (102 bays each) for more compute and storage as needs increase
- Support up to 4PB of raw storage per cluster
- Simplify creating and managing groups, users and domains and improve security with Windows Active Directory and Group Policy Objects
- Replace and upgrade with commodity-based components, eliminating the need to purchase expensive OEM proprietary hardware and mandatory service and maintenance contracts
- Eliminate expensive monthly VMware fees
- Decrease video ingestion times and work directly from the server with low-latency end-to-end Mellanox RDMA and Ethernet Video Fabric (EVF) networking
- Eliminate the need for expensive serial digital interfaces (SDIs)
- Get up and running quickly and reliably with a validated on-premises Azure Stack HCI solution
Customer story: Create makes the bold decision to replace high-end media storage with Storage Spaces Direct
Create Advertising Group, a Hollywood and London-based post-production “trailer house,” producing two-to-three-minute theatrical trailers for movies, TV shows, and video games was looking for a Mac workstation and scalable SAN replacement solution with end-to-end low-latency networking that could drastically reduce cost and increase performance.