Powered by 2nd generation Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors, Intel Select Solutions from
DataON provide a faster time-to-value and reduced operational costs
ANAHEIM, Calif. – April 2, 2019 – DataON, the industry-leading provider of hyper-converged infrastructure (HCI) and storage systems optimized for Microsoft Windows Server environments, has collaborated with Intel to offer a refreshed line of Intel Select Solutions, powered by 2nd generation Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors.
- Intel® Select Solutions for Microsoft Azure Stack HCI V2 are performance-optimized specifically for hyper-converged compute and storage. It improves performance by utilizing Intel® Optane™ DC Persistent Memory as cache storage for Storage Spaces Direct to accelerate the cache tier for storage at DDR4 speeds versus PCIe/SATA speeds.
- Intel® Select Solutions for Microsoft SQL Server V2 is a single-node, scale-up solution for both traditional and transactional environments and concurrent transactional and analytical workloads. Built on Windows Server 2019 and SQL Server 2019, it provides a unified solution for business operations (OLTP) and enterprise data warehousing (HTAP), with the ability to scale with expanding needs.
These solutions add to DataON’s first generation of Intel Select Solutions that accelerate the deployment of workload-optimized data center infrastructure, verified for performance on Intel® architecture.
Intel created Intel Select Solutions to reduce the time required to evaluate, select, and purchase hardware for today’s workloads and applications. They are vigorously benchmark-tested with today’s high-priority workloads, helping businesses realize smooth deployments and optimal performance. By eliminating guesswork and ensuring predictability with pre-defined configurations, businesses can take advantage of new technologies faster.
The new Intel® Select Solutions are powered by 2nd generation Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors. They represent a new class of Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors designed for the most demanding high-performance computing (HPC), artificial intelligence (AI) and infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) workloads. The processor incorporates a performance optimized multi-chip package to deliver up to 28 cores per CPU and 6 DDR4 memory channels per socket. In addition, they support Intel’s breakthrough Intel® Optane™ DC persistent memory, delivering greater than 3TB per socket.
“DataON was an inaugural partner for Intel Selection Solution for Windows Server Software-Defined Storage,” said Howard Lo, vice president of sales and marketing, DataON. “Our customers have told us how Intel Select Solutions have helped them use their end solutions more effectively and allow them to focus on their business and not their IT. Not only will the second generation of Intel Select Solutions provide greater performance, but also support the newest versions of Microsoft Azure Stack HCI and SQL Server.”
“Data center architects face new and exponentially larger challenges due to the sheer volume of data and constant demand for new digital services,” said Jake Smith, senior director of Data Center Solutions and Technologies at Intel. “Intel Select Solutions, delivered through leaders like DataON, are designed to reduce the time-consuming research and testing process for architects, and accelerate their time-to-solution.”
DataON Hyper-Converged Solutions
DataON hyper-converged solutions are built to optimize the full stack of Storage Spaces Direct. They are designed to deliver industry-leading performance for the most affordable price, providing software-defined, shared-nothing storage.
In addition to being verified for Intel Select Solutions for Azure Stack HCI and SQL Server, DataON hyper-converged solutions are validated by Microsoft to earn its highest certification, Azure Stack HCI. Azure Stack HCI solutions provide the highest level of performance, manageability and security offered, delivered as a fully-deployed experience.
DataON solutions utilize Intel® technology, including:
- 2nd generation Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors – Offers higher performance, improved price/performance and enhanced security capabilities over previous generation Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors. Supports Intel’s breakthrough Intel® Optane™ DC Persistent Memory
- Intel® SSDs – Provides low latency and high endurance, optimized to break through storage bottlenecks
- Intel® Optane™ DC Persistent Memory – Provides more usable memory, supports larger workloads, or helps consolidate multiple, existing workloads
The DataON Difference
DataON is exclusively focused on customers who have made the “Microsoft choice” to deploy a Windows Server-based solutions. Our team of Microsoft experts know how to design, deploy and support Windows Server hybrid cloud solutions and will work with you to performance tune your workloads with benchmarks. DataON solutions are:
- Customer-proven with over 650 enterprise deployments and greater than 150PB of Storage Spaces Direct deployments.
- Certified for Windows Server 2016 and 2019 Server Software-Defined Datacenter (SDDC). Certified for Windows Server 2012, 2012 R2, 2016, and 2019
- Validated Azure Stack HCI and Windows Server Software-Defined (WSSD) solutions, for the highest level of performance, manageability, and security offered.
DataON is the industry-leading provider of hybrid cloud, hyper-converged infrastructure, and storage systems optimized for Microsoft Windows Server environments. It has been named to CIO Review’s ’20 Most Promising Microsoft Solution Providers 2018.’ Our company is focused on customers who have made the “Microsoft choice” to deploy Microsoft applications, virtualization, data protection, and hybrid cloud services. Our enterprise-level solutions, delivered as a complete, turnkey experience, are designed to provide the highest level of performance, manageability, and security offered. For more information, go to www.dataonstorage.com or call +1 (714) 441-8820.
All trademarks, registered trademarks, service marks, brands and names mentioned herein are property of their respective owners.