DataON and Intel have collaborated to create an Intel Select Solution for Windows Server Software-Defined Storage.
Intel Select Solutions are workload-optimized data center solutions that simplify and accelerate the process of selecting and deploying the hardware and software needed for today’s workloads and applications.
Intel Select Solutions:
- Simplify evaluation and eliminate guesswork via tightly specified hardware and software components
- Have pre-defined settings and system-wide tuning enabling smooth deployment
- Are designed and benchmarked to perform optimally for specific workloads
Based on Intel Xeon Scalable processors, Intel Select Solutions enable enterprises to make confident choices in deploying data center infrastructure. The Intel Select Solution for Windows Server Software-Defined Storage features:
- Intel Xeon Scalable processors with Intel C620 Series Chipsets
- Intel Optane™ SSD DC P4800X Series or Intel® 3D NAND SSDs in the cache tier featuring the NVMe interface
- All-flash in the capacity tier with Intel 3D NAND SSDs using the NVMe or SATA interface
Intel Select Solutions are rigorously tested and benchmarked at a system-wide level. Well-known third party and industry benchmarking tools that simulate real-world loads are used to identify and eliminate pressure points.